Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Color Coded

The Show: Chris Benz Fall 2010



There are those shows that are hyped-up by all, and this is one of them. It's not that I hated this show... I just didn't understand the collection. It was bright (that's cool) and fun (always good), but it was not interesting. Chris Benz is known for his colors and textures but in this case the things we love about his designs became the things we hated—kinda like his worst enemy. I wanted to see a different view from Benz without him losing what got him noticed in the first place. Instead I got the same ole dude from years before. But the highlights in the collection were the fur and bedazzled jackets. Whether they were sleeveless, or not, they somehow saved the collection. Those were the pieces my eyes were drawn to. The shoes were "eh" except for a studded pair (I know I said studs were over, and they are, but these heels were done tastefully). I think they were Brian Atwood. All in all, I'm not hating on Benz... I just want him to take it to the next level. I know he is capable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Addiction is never a good thing, but sometimes it's just what you need in order to make you happy. In my case, my shoe addiction has consumed every aspect of my life. I wonder about shoes constantly, conjure up styles that don't even exist, go crazy over anything from bougie heels to lowbrow knockoffs, drool over any stylish concoctions, and fawn over my ludicrous collection, which you will see through my weird photoshoot. (I will also showcase some heels on other peoples feet.) I am secretly an Imelda Marcos hater who does not like cheese.

On it